“Tim Harrower’s ‘Inside Reporting’ does for reporting what his design handbook did for designers — rejuvenates the subject by providing the basic skills in a form that students will read. Harrower’s style almost guarantees that my students will learn how to provide their readers with information in a visually pleasing manner. And they can’t stop reading. I’ve never seen that before with any other reporting textbook."
Iowa State University
“An innovative text designed in a far more imaginative way than any other media writing book that I’ve ever seen.”
“THE book for the new generation of students. It’s entertaining and visual, and that’s the way students
learn these days.”
Arkansas State University
Third Edition — available July 2012
By TIM HARROWER
At last: a visual, interactive guide to reporting that’s actually FUN to read.
This revolutionary new textbook explores the art and craft of journalism — print media, the Web, broadcasting, public relations, even blogging — with more than 350 pages that explain such topics as:
• Newswriting: how to write leads and structure stories that convey facts quickly and effectively.
• Reporting: how to gather material, select sources, conduct interviews and take accurate notes.
• Online media: how to add links, multimedia and user participation to ordinary stories.
• Packages: how to add photos and graphics to stories -- and create “converged” multimedia for online presentation.
• Law and ethics: what every journalist must know about libel, plagiarism and censorship.
Want a closer look
at sample PDF
from “Inside Reporting”?
• Amazon.com Before you buy, you can scan reviews from readers (and view pages throughout the book).
• McGraw-Hill This website offers details about the book. To order directly from McGraw-Hill, call 1-800-262-4729.
Textbook prices can fluctuate wildly. To find the best deals, we recommend sites like Google Book Search
. Just enter the book title and the sites’ search engines will track down purchasing options.